Fort Necropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort Necropolis

Fort Necropolis forums.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vampire scout

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Driantha(GL)
Admin
Admin

Vampire scout Empty
PostSubject: Vampire scout   Vampire scout Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:56 am

Vampire Rogue Scout UPDATED OCTOBER 2008

Starting Runes:
Lightning Reflexes, Lucky, Military Training

Taught by Master Thief vs Military Training:
The choice is tough and not a big difference anyway. But -5con on vampire is hurting his hp. This build has at least 2000hp! Higher Int gives stronger procs and drains and higher focus skill caps (la and dodge).

Ingame Runes:
40dex, 25int or 35dex, 30int

Discipline Runes:
Belgosch, Black Mask, Prospector (optional Traveler)

My personal Scout (HappyCamper) has Strigoi but I really don't recommened for 90% of all players. Strigoi has more damage vs block/dodge based toons but less survivability (20 trains). Summon (Belgosch) is awesome and also it is not easy to make this small difference count in pvp. (20 trains more in Dodge vs Feral Fury (recast all 30seconds).

Stats:
170dex, 144int or 165dex, 149int

Trains:

Focuses:
Bow: 130 (spare points here)
Light Armor: 171 GOLD
Bloodcraft: 80
Dodge: 162 GOLD
Running: 130
Archery: 95

Skills:
Dark Fortitude: JM
Hide: 18
Sneak: GM
Detect Hidden: GM
Vampire Kiss: JM
Precision: GM
Camouflage: 1

Discs:
Open Air, Earth, Fire, Water 4 (Traveler)
Recall to Runegate 1 (Traveler)

Gear:
8/40 Scout la or Vorgrim la (Scout la Sleeves are best)
Glass Bow or Legendary Horwathi Long Bow of Truth (or other Tier3 Proc)
10 dex/int jewelry

Glass Bow is the strongest choice nowadays and also a new weakness (as any glass weapon). Glass Bow unites great speed (30), great attack rating (+173) and vampire proc which suits vamps the best. But apart from this basic stats it adds some completely new flavor because it deals poison damage! This is much less resisted than piercing or any other melee resistance. Glass weapons are the new superior pimp weapons. After a big boots for mages with insta-sneak finally rogues and some fighters get big love. I don't think this is fair compared to healers and to vamp race. Back to the topic: Glass weapons aka poison damage ignore vampire fortitude and kill vamps pretty quick. Every vamp build was dead if any toon was using a glass weapon. This is just something every vamp player should be aware of. I have already seen a few noobish players who run bow ranger with glass bow just to kill vamps easily.

Values:
~ 2000 hp
~ 2300 def
~ atr
~ drain atr (in def)
~ drain atr (in precise)

Hints:
Vampire Scouts are more survivable than it looks like. Just a little tricky sometimes. Skilled players can work miracles and never run out of stamina. Your hp pool is much bigger than usual stamina pool of scouts which you will use instead. Hence it can almost unlimited use scout powers as detect, sprint, sneak, sprint, track etc and doesn't have to worry about running out of stamina (and beeing caught). Your running itself is still based on stamina which comes in very handy with 500 stam solely for running. The downside is your low hp pool (2k) and naturally weakness against fire and holy. Casters can kill this scout in seconds if they hit. Often 2 DoTs will slowly eat you alive. Here lies the secret and power of vamp scouts, who ever can cover their weaknesses may also tame their power.

1. You have got 2 parts of defense. First of all your actually defensive rating and second your passive defense dodge which works as long as you don't get stunned. Especially take care about your first defense and fall back when you are def debuffed. Casters hit you easily.
2. You die quick once you get hit because of low hp and natural weaknesses. Use Atr Debuff on casters.
3. Use def debuff and try to land your drains. You can even switch to precise just to hit it and switch back to def afterwards.
4. Use your grounding shot to ground flyers and interupt spells.
5. When you fight other vamps keep your grounding shot to stop his drains.
Back to top Go down
https://fortnecropolis.forumotion.net
Theodor
FN member
FN member

Vampire scout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire scout   Vampire scout Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:14 pm

I think I'll roll this one and will try it
Back to top Go down

Vampire scout
Page 1 of 1